The backplate is the silver rear housing of the iPod and is made of metal. Replacement of the iPod back cover is often due to cosmetic issues, such as: scratches, dents and wear, or to remove an unwanted engraving. Also more recently, with the emergence of custom colors, many owners choose to personalize their iPod by swapping the old factory color for an exciting new color. These are all common reasons for replacement of an iPod backplate, but regardless of the issue, we fix iPod back plate problems of all types, no matter the cause or extent of damage.
Is your iPod backplate in need of replacement? Good news! We offer two easy and affordable solutions.
1) The first option is our do-it-yourself iPod backplate repair kit. This is an excellent choice if you want to save a few bucks and you already know how to replace an iPod back plate. We include a free pry tool with every order to improve your chances of a successful repair, but take note that replacing an iPod rear housing can be risky and very challenging, so proceed only after you have prepared accordingly.
2) Unsure how to replace the back of your iPod, or are you struggling to figure out how to remove it? No worries, we’ve got you covered! The second option is our professional iPod back cover replacement service and is recommended for anyone without the time, skills, or desire to replace the iPod’s backplate.
Warning: Do not take chances with aftermarket replacement iPod back covers! Aside from inferior performance, cheap Chinese knock-offs expose your iPod to a high risk of future malfunctions! Buy from us and have peace of mind knowing that the job will be done right, and rest assured that our iPod back covers are 100% high quality – guaranteed!
Our catalog features top grade replacements for every iPod with silver back, including: iPod classic 6th & 7th generation, iPod video 5th generation, iPod mini 1st and 2nd generation, iPod photo 4th generation, iPod classic 4th generation, and iPod classic 3rd generation.
Our 5th generation iPod video and 6th-7th generation iPod Classic backplates are now available in a variety of exciting new colors, including black, blue, gold, purple, red, U2 variations, and more! We also offer custom capacity engravings to match storage upgrades (64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB).
Common reasons for replacement of your iPod backplate include:
✓ Scratches and dents
✓ Pry marks from opening iPod improperly
✓ Remove personalized engraving on back of iPod
✓ Custom GB engravings to reflect a storage upgrade
✓ Replace old backplate for new custom color
iPod classic backplate repair:
iPod classic backplates were released in two thicknesses:
1) iPod classic thin back plate (80GB, 120GB – also 7th gen 160GB)
2) iPod classic thick back plate (6th gen 160GB)
iPod video backplate repair:
iPod 5th generation backplates were released in two thicknesses:
1) iPod video thin back plate (30GB)
2) iPod video thick back plate (60GB, 80GB)
Replacing the back cover is an inexpensive way to restore the back of an iPod, making it look brand new again, while also dramatically increasing the resale value of the device.
7th Gen iPod Classic (A1238)
6th Gen iPod Classic (A1238)
5th Gen iPod Video (A1136)
iPod Photo Backplate Replacement$9.95 – $12.95
4th Gen iPod Photo (A1099)
iPod 4th Generation Backplate Replacement$7.95 – $9.95
4th Gen iPod (A1059)
iPod 3rd Generation Backplate Replacement$9.95 – $12.95